Task 1 (2p)
Create a program, which will create and populate 2d array with values.
- Ask for number of rows
- Ask for number of columns
- Create array and initialize with 0’s (0.25p)
- Use switch to select method (0.5p)
- Populate array with values
- Using input (scanf or other prefered function) (0.5p)
- Using random number generator (rand) (0.5p)
Display the array (0.25p)
Task 2 (1p)
Calculate day of the week
- One of the tasks is to determine the day of the week when given the date.
- The task in class is to create a program for the following task:
- User inserts the date as three numbers – day of month, month, year;
- The program calculates the number of day;
- Outputs the name of date(Monday, tuesday, etc..).
- Hint, use the switch statement.
The “mod” operator is used to get the remainder of the number so that is in range 0-6. Refer to google or previous lab slides for info.
Task 3 (2p)
Gregorian calendar verifier
Write a program, which takes into consideration the Gregorius calendar rules and returns if the program is an actual date or not.
- A year is leap year if it is divisible by 4
- For the Gregorian calendar, years that are multiple by 100, are leap years only then if they are also dividable by 400
- 1600 and 2000 are leap years;
- 1700 and 1800 are not.
- User inserts the date a number formatted as “DDMMYYYY”.
- Hint: you can use mathematics to extract different parts of the date(day, month, year) because it is a number.
- Return text, which indicates whether the date is valid or not.